How do I get featured?
So the #1 question we always get from @SonyImages is how do I get featured and what do we look for? Just a couple of items as a disclaimer:
1. We post just about everything. Street, cityscape, landscape, portrait, macro and etc
2. We post from all Sony cameras including the A-Mount, Action cameras and Sony Phones. Pretty much anything that has the name Sony and a camera on the device.
Here are some tips. This usually applies to most feature pages, not just @SonyImages
1. Obviously follow and use the page's tags @sonyimages #sonyimages keep in mind if you want support from us, you should by following.
2. Whether you agree or not, IG is best viewed in Portrait mode or Square crop. So crop your pics 1350x1080 or 1350x1350. It doesn't mean I won't feature an image outside of those crops. I rarely feature landscape pics because they lose a lot of details.
3. Good Image Quality - Make sure you optimize for IG. We can discuss workflows another in another blog.
4. Good composition - a well composed image will go along way. Rule of 3rds, leading lines, balanced horizons, symmetry etc
5. Geotag your location and tag the camera you used - remember we want to highlight the camera.
6. Don't harass the moderators for features. It gets overwhelming at times from messages of people asking for their work to be featured.