Formatting for social media
A few of you asked about workflow. So I am going to share my workflow on how to take advantage of the Sony image quality for social media. These are just my best practices and what works for me. It may not work well for others. I encourage everyone to post their best practices.
MacBook Pro (15in Late 2015)
Adobe CR 2017, LR 2017
First let's understand the dimensions/resolution to maximize each platform. I export/save all in 300 dpi and in .png never .jpeg.
IG: 1080x1350 for portrait, 1350x1350 for Square ( I dont recommend any other sizes (Read a previous post about tips for features)
Facebook Cover: 828x315
Twitter Cover: 1,500 x 500 pixels
1. Edit in Camera Raw or LR
2. Export at 100% in LR, CR and import PS
3. I have the above platform dimensions saved as templates in PS
4. Resize and crop into those templates.
5. Save files as a .png file (Fb compresses .jpeg files a lot)
6. Save to Dropbox if you use it. Dropbox wont compress your files and keep full resolution. Or save on desktop and airdrop them to iPhone. Airdrop does not compress or lose quality either.
7. For FB/Twitter upload from a browser and never from the apps.
For IG, download from Dropbox or Airdrop to iPhone.
Let me know if you have other questions. Again these are just best practices that work for me.