New RX100 VI Camera With 24-200mm Zoom And World's Fastest AF Speed
New Sony RX100 VI Combines Versatile 24-200mm Large Aperture, High Magnification Zoom Lens with World’s Fastest AF Speed
- Maintains compact body size of acclaimed RX100 series while adding a ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm(i) F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- World’s Fastest (ii) 0.03 seconds (iii) AF speed combined with 315 focal-plane phase-detection AF points covering approximately 65% of frame
- 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP (iv) Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and upgraded BIONZ X™ image processor and Front-end LSI
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to 24 fps (v) with full AF/AE tracking
- Optical image stabilization equivalent to a 4.0-stop (vi) faster shutter speed
- High Resolution 4K (vi) Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning plus 4K HDR (vii) for instant HDR workflow
The innovative new RX100 VI camera is the first of all the RX100 models to include a high magnification zoom lens, as it packs in an impressive ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm (i) f/2.8 – f/4.5 lens yet doesn’t sacrifice the pocket-size portability, fast responsiveness and high image quality that has become the hallmark of Sony’s RX100 lineup. It’s extensive zoom, impressive image quality and versatility for both still images and video make it an ideal choice for capturing daily life, cityscapes, portraiture, sports, wildlife and everything in between.
The new model is equipped with a 20.1 MP 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and an upgraded BIONZ X™ image processing system with a front-end LSI that maximizes processing speed and optimizes image quality in all shooting environments. Additionally, the RX100 VI features an incredibly efficient Fast Hybrid AF system with 315-point phase-detection AF points on the sensor that can acquire focus in as little as 0.03 seconds (iii), the world’s fastest (ii) AF acquisition time for 1.0-type sensor cameras. It can also shoot at up to 24 fps (v) at full resolution with continuous AF/AE tracking and produces beautiful 4K (vii) video with full pixel readout and no pixel binning.
“We’re continuing to innovate our RX camera lineup, providing our customers new and different ways to capture what they’ve never been able to capture before,” said Neal Manowitz, Vice President of Digital Imaging for Sony Electronics. “The new RX100 VI is the latest example, delivering extensive reach, extremely advanced autofocus, high-speed shooting and more, while still being able to slip easily into your pocket. It’s the ultimate pocket travel camera.”